Our Literature teacher, Ceci Lasa, has asked us to work in groups in order to read and analyze a poem. I worked with Delfina Nicora, Tomas Borda and Agostina Alday. Our poem is “These are the Times We Live in,” by Imtiaz Dharker and these are 6 questions that we created based on the poem.
- How do you think the writer’s personal life is related to the poem?
- What do you think she is trying to convey when she says “You shrink to the size”?
- What effect does the literary devices provoke on the reader? Include examples.
- How does the use of the second person narrator and using ‘it’ to describe the voice help set a tone and atmosphere?
- How is the title related to the significance of the poem?
- What are some indentifiable direct and indirect denounces to society in the poem?